Monday 22 October 2007

Rugby victory

South African rugby fans celebrate their 15-6 victory over England in the Rugby World Cup at Boktown in Johannesburg.South African rugby fans at Boktown got a surprise before the final, when they were joined by former President of South Africa , Nelson Mandela... I was also surprised because no-one from the PR company running Boktown felt the need to mention that he was coming, so after standing in the beer queue for what seemed like an age- I get to the front, the announcement is made and Madiba slowly makes his way to the balcony, being a newspaper photographer, I couldnt let this opportunity get away, so I ran there- got my pics and had to stand right at the back of the beer queue again... Thanks Madiba :)

1 comment:

Natasha Tarushka Marrian said...

Jared..

You get anything good at the parade on Friday?