Tuesday 5 February 2008

Jet Park fire

A large LPG fire at a chemical warehouse in Jet Park near O.R Tambo airport. This fire was huge, and it was raining quite hard, which makes me wonder just how immense this fire could have been on a dry hot day.

The barrier for the public was about 500 meters back , but as I was arriving, an ambulance was coming through, so I simply pulled a "Neil"- I get as close to the back of it and simply follow it through, as if I am supposed to be there. Nobody questioned me.

I stopped here with various forms of emergency workers and shot my pics, I was drenched, but the heat from the flame was still quite intense. This pic was put on the front page of The Citizen newspaper, unfortunately the printing let me down a bit...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

explosive stuff...

Arwen Swan said...

wow! that must have been awesome to see!

Anonymous said...

Very courageous on your part and awesome pics

Natasha Tarushka Marrian said...

Jared...

How F$&@IN cool!! I'm SO jealous..

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

Great shot!!!

JJ :D

Unknown said...

brilliant photo!!