Thursday 20 September 2007

Khutsong @ the Con Court

A protester from Khutsong threatens with a knife during a protest outside the Constitutional court in Johannesburg. The court is to decide if Khutsong will be moved back to the economically superior province of Gauteng from the poorer North West province.
I've been to quite a few protests, but this is the first time I've been physically threatened. I dont know what this guys problem with me was, but he followed me around for a bit after this, still swiping at me, that was when I thought it might be a good idea to move to another spot, and did. Protests with the people from Khutsong have a certain feel in the air, like all hell could break loose any second- a feeling I dont get with any other groups of protesters.

Anyway, got a decent shot and will probably be there again tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks insane, and right in the middle of town. But these are some great pics. I rate them highly.

Anonymous said...

This is majority rule. The majority are ruled by a misinformed minority lead by the nose by a couple of dishonest thugs. What a pity our people are not educated enough to see that they are being used as cannon fodder.

Anonymous said...

Geez... sounds hectic...

Natasha Tarushka Marrian said...

Jared..

These are awesome shots.