Monday 1 October 2007

Strike

A striking worker shows his frustration during a strike at Caxton printers in Johannesburg.
Today whilst attending a strike at Caxton Printers, the printers that print The Citizen newspaper (which I currently work for), I was approached by one of the printer management, who said I must get pictures of all the strikers with knobkerries ( zulu wooden clubs), His approach towards me was as if it was "us and them" and I sure was'nt in either of those groups.
I told him he must be insane, asking me to do that and told him that there was no chance that I would, if he wanted pics like that- he could take them himself, I SURE AS HELL WASN'T.

If photojournalists gave pics that could be used to prosecute people, people at demonstrations would attack photojournalists as soon as they whipped out their camera, and I sure as hell dont want that to happen .

2 comments:

Arwen Swan said...

hello Hello!
some scary stuff! you've got far more guts than me to go out there and shoot like that!
well done!
Arwen

Natasha Tarushka Marrian said...

Jared...

No they Fu*$kin didn't! How the hell can they expect you to do that! Lemme guess who the main instigator there was... grrr..