Sunday 27 July 2008

Getting the call up..

Manchester United striker, Wayne Rooney coasts the ball past Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper, Khune Itumeleng during the final of the Vodacom Challenge yesterday. As was widely expected, European Champions and English Premier League champions, Manchester United won 4-0, but the match was played in good spirits and was loved by the many Manchester United and Kaizer Chiefs fans in South Africa.

I shot the final match of the Vodacom Challenge, which by its self was great, as the photographers are on the field right behind the goal line, one of my personal highlights was when the ball rolled out for a corner, straight to me and Ryan Giggs gestured for me to pass it to him. So, I gave it a sweeping kick straight to him (He then turned around to look at Sir Alex Ferguson, and pointed to me, so I guess I can expect the call-up for the first team any day now), OK, that bit didn't happen, but maybe it should have, as on Sunday in my weekly Action Soccer game, I scored within the first 20 seconds of the game and ended up with a hat trick, so I reckon they should consider giving me a call soon :)



1 comment:

Neil McCartney said...

Maybe, I should have mentioned that we won the Action Soccer game 20-2, one of theirs was also an own goal... everyone scored at least a hat trick, so I wasn't that great...;)