Wednesday 22 April 2009

The Madiba vote.

Everyone gets a bit tense, screaming at anyone who may or may not be in the way, and as he leaves there is the obligatory ruck, as everyone attempts to get a pic or an eyefull of the man. But as I have said before its not all that unusual for jobs that include Mandela, you just got to get used to it...

Former South African President, Nelson Mandela casts his ballot with his daughter, Zinzi at the Killarney Country Club , Houghton, Johannesburg. As is par for the course when Nelson Mandela is involved, the entire worlds media was waiting for him to vote, as well as about a billion people with cell phone cameras and even a couple of people that thought they might get a poster signed (Not much chance for that!, I tell you).


1 comment:

Jenniflower said...

I have never had the privilege of meeting Madiba, but I did design and make his birthday invitations for his 79th birthday (held at The Nellie) when I had my design company in Cape Town.

The ladies who were working for me (from Masiphumelele) were SO excited to be making the handmade paper that would make up the stationery for Madiba!

Special moments.

I'll be following your blog Neil, I have only just found it. Jammer ;)