Thursday 11 December 2008

In memory of...

I've always been intrigued by roadside memorials, so much so that I've been photographing them for a few years now. I guess, it could be the fact that as I drive by them, I always think about how somebody died quite violently doing exactly what I'm doing at that moment (driving), and that in a different time, it could have been me or somebody I love involved in that fatal crash.There lies the power of these and why I think that they are important for road safety, way more important and effective than some cop hiding behind a bridge to give you a fine for driving 11 kph over the speed limit.


See more on Flickr and Issuu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this post

Larissa said...

These are touching photographs. I experience a similar feeling when I drive by roadside memorials. The people who are killed in the car crashes really are doing the same thing that we are doing- driving- however, their path in life ends up much differently than ours. I always feel sorry for the families of the victims. These roadside memorials are tragic, but they are also a good reminder to follow the rules of the road.